Sunday, 17 November 2013

Advent Calendar

I have a million things on the go and can't seem to finish anything so haven't blogged in such a long time.

This time of year is crazy for me and my house is never clean or tidy long enough for me to photograph.

Off the back of Ideal Home magazine I had another magazine come to photograph our home for Christmas about 6 weeks ago.  This prompted me to make a Christmas countdown board instead of an advent calendar, which is something I've wanted to do for ages.  


I painted a large (90cm x 60cm) plywood board with Annie Sloane Chalk Paint in Paris Grey and added L shaped trim to frame the front and the side edge which I painted in ASCP Pure.  I lightly sanded the frame and added a little clear wax but left the grey board without wax.  I downloaded and printed off number tags I found on Jones Design Company blog.


I then measured 24 boxes and drew them on with chalk (which later rubbed off without a trace).  The boxes helped me position the tags which I nailed on using tiny black nails leaving just a few mm sticking out.  I rooted through all my decorations to find 24 little ones to complete the look.



I'm keeping it up until Christmas even if it does look weird.

xoxoxo

Sharing at Jen Rizzo's Fabulous Creative Friday linky party

3 comments :

  1. Oh what mag will you be in now?? That board looks fab, what a really great idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea Samantha, it looks really lovely and it could be easily changed for Spring. Very well done on the magazines, your home looks fantastic. Hoping you are well and not too cold. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...I've shared my advent calendars this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x