Sunday, 29 July 2012

Bear

Today started out like any normal day.
We've had a skip (dumpster) for the last couple of weeks and are clearing out our house and garden of years worth of accumulated rubbish.
My husband is in the groove so decided it was time to get rid of the kids jungle gym which has seen better days.  Lily was not into this idea at all but the jungle gym really is an eye sore and is across the middle of the back lawn so my husband pushed it, telling her she could choose to have anything else in place of it....

Big mistake!

Meet BEAR


Both she and Seth have wanted another dog for ages and Woody loves company so we have been toying with the idea but have just been put off by all the work.  The timing is great as the school holidays have just started so there will always be someone at home.

We checked online for another Golden Retriever in our area but came across puppies which are Golden Retriever / Border Collie cross.  We currently have a Golden Retriever and the dog we had for over 14 years before him was a Border Collie (my husband also grew up with 2 Border Collies) so both breeds are well known to us and we love them both.  They were only half an hour away and we went for a look but ended up coming home with BEAR.

Woody and he got along great straight away and we're beginning to think we should have called him Shadow as he is constantly following Woody around.


Both the children are old enough to help care for them both and I'm sure I must be made with the extra work as I already don't have enough hours in the day but I think a happy house is more important than a clean house (which is just as well as I certainly don't have a clean house these days!).

If anyone had told me this morning that by tonight I'd have another dog I would have thought they were nuts!!!  

xoxox


5 comments :

  1. Oh that's so wonderful and great to see the two of them are getting along well. We are toying with the idea of another dog but worry how Molly would handle it. Bear is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable,they look like a great match..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the most adorable pair ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, can I steal him?!!!...well both of them?!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woody & Bear are adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x