Sunday, 17 June 2012

Summer Mantle

I have a couple of white hydrangea bushes in my garden and these have started flowering so for the next couple of months I will save a ton of money by not having to buy flowers for the house.

White hydrangeas are so summery and I put a few in one of my vintage French Ideale canning jars and love how they look against the greeny shade of the jar.  This ended up dictating the colour scheme for my mantle piece this summer. 


I added a gorgeous vintage fan I bought from Etsy last summer - I bought this mainly for it's gorgeous aqua shade but also for it's size as it's quite small.


This fan shows just the right amout of aging - a little rust on the cage and a few areas where the paint is rusted on the base - gorgeous!


For the rest of the mantle I 'shopped my bathroom'.
Everything else normally lives there including a few glass jars with sand we have collected from beaches since my children were really small.  We rarely have beach holidays but when we do we always grab a handful of sand and write down where and when it came from.


A water bottle which I love and holds part of my sea glass collection.


A wooden bird and starfish (also from my bathroom) and a large hurricane lamp with sand and a big candle finish the look.


Hopefully this mantle will posess some magic powers and bring us some sun as right now the patio in my back garden actually looks like a swimming pool.

I' sharing my summer mantle over at the Lettered Cottage's Summer Fun Link Party.



Hope the sun is shining where you are

xoxox



2 comments :

  1. love your mantel! the fan was a great find. sounds like you've had similar weather to us.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh - i have that EXACT SAME FAN!! i think we MAY just adore the exact some things! glad to have found your darling blog & can't wait to explore more!

    http://www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x