Saturday, 23 June 2012

Paint chip birthday card

I adore banners and garlands and Emily from Jones Design Company recently showed us how she made some great banners using the paint chip cards you get from DIY stores.


I particularly loved this one with the little ribbon snipped bottom and my favourite shades of sea green.

I was totally inspired by this so went off to my local DIY superstore and became a criminal as I crept out, whistling nonchalantly with a pile of paint colour chip cards.

I began thinking about making a version of this but didn't really know where to put it and then I had a lightbulb moment!  Lily is going to a birthday party tomorrow so I thought I could make a birthday card with a paint chip banner on it.


I started out with a paint colour chip card and chose the three colour shades I liked the most.
I cut strips 1.5cm across and three paint colours long and then snipped a little triangle at the bottom.  I used re-positionable tape to hold them in place and stitched across the top.  The centre seam across the top of the card was in the perfect position for me to use it as a guide for the stitching. 


 I then used one of my rubber stamp sets and stamped Happy Birthday Abi and 11 across the card. 


 It is so cute and really personal.  

Lily's best friend in the whole world has a birthday party next weekend so I think she's going to be getting a card with Best Friends Forever on it!

For more inspiration on using paint colour card chips as banners check out this post on 

xoxox

and French Country Cottages Feathered Nest Friday

2 comments :

  1. I love this idea!!! I have you linked from my blog & have been loving your pillows for quite some time. I just wanted to let you know that I featured your shop on this post, http://www.cityfarmhouse.blogspot.com/2012/06/for-love-of-pillows.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love your interpretation of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x