Sunday, 27 May 2012

I think I've found the perfect shed...

.. for me, anyway.

I've been on a mission to find the right mix of shed and summerhouse but also wanted it to have a bit of a barn look to it.  We've had a lovely run of sunny days recently and working indoors has been horrible - I've been longing for an outdoor space to work in.  I think I've found just the thing.


Ignore the horrible red roof - I plan on having a black roof and even though I really like the Swedish Red Wood Pine used to build the shed I plan on painting it, inside and out.


White inside and either white or grey outside.


I have Seth's approval for two reasons - one, he loves the round window on the side and two, I told him he could have sleepovers in it during the summer.

I love the fact that it has double doors on two sides so you can just throw the doors open on sunny days and have a nice through breeze.  Sheds can get so warm and stuffy that they can be unbearable and our garden is south facing so gets sun all day.  Lily used to have a small wooden playhouse that she never used as it got so hot.  This should be easy to keep cool.


I sort of envision it having the look of Tricia Foley's barn (on a much smaller scale, of course).  Just plain and simple.  I want to be able to work in it so will need a folding table and plan on getting a few folding camp beds so we can camp out on balmy evenings.  


Just how lovely would it be to sleep here?


I'm also thinking of seeing if it can be made with sliding doors instead of ones that open but that's not a big deal.  I love the brown here with the white doors so that's another colour possibility.

Easy part over - now just need to save!

xoxox

8 comments :

  1. I LOVE your new found barn. =)
    I'd love to have one too.

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration! Love the beautiful sheds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I had a shed/play house once.....and then my family took it over. Hang on to it as YOURS! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy sheds Store.you can find here your roof styles garden sheds,storage sheds,sheds,garden centre,the shed,garden shed,storage shed plans,free shed plans.So Hurry up we will give you best service in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool shed Sam, I love the round window (I have a thing for them), and agree with you it would be prettier painted. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy sheds Store.you can find here your roof styles garden sheds,storage sheds,sheds,garden centre,the shed,garden shed,storage shed plans,free shed plans.So Hurry up we will give you best service in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x