Monday, 2 April 2012

New storage in my craft room

Just over a year ago we turned our spare bedroom into a craft room. 
We weren't sure at the time if this was going to work out so made no real changes to the room other than to take the bed out and bring some storage and a work table in.
Fast forward a year and this room is permanently in total chaos and needs a revamp.
Below is the built in wardrobe/closet which has always been a bug bear of mine.  
It's a double space with a single door which means it's always been difficult to use the space behind the wall to the left of the cupboard door.


A few months ago I persuaded my husband to pull the wall down to open up the space and I've been living with it like this since then.  I actually cleaned out some of the crap that's been piled in the space before I remembered to take a photo.


My plan was for solid pine shelving with a little space for hanging should we ever turn it back into a bedroom or have guests stay.


Today I cleared out the whole space and my husband added the built in shelving for me.


Here are the shelves all finished ready for me to paint.


And this is how they look tonight after a coat of primer.
I can't wait to get them finished and to get all the crap out of the room so I can have a much calmer and more organised and clutter free room to work in.
It's going to be slow going this week though as my brother and his family fly in tomorrow for a 6 day visit so we will be busy with them this week.  I can see a lot of late nights in my future this week as no doubt I'll be doing a little painting just before bed every night.

Also, Lily's room is all finished but we haven't quite got round to hanging things back on her walls yet - as soon as we've prettied her room up I'll post some photos.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend.  Here's to the Easter holidays!

xoxox

7 comments :

  1. Enjoy the time with your family this week and don't stay up too late. I am looking forward to seeing how your space turns out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great storage you've created by opening it up as you have - I like the idea of a bit of hanging space and those big deep shelves on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely room to have Sam. I love the colours.. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are amazing collection of storages. I like all the colorful storage. Great work keep it up !!!!!
    College Storage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Samantha, I must say your mess is much tidier than my mess! Great job with the room, the shelves are looking great already.

    I hope you received your little package? I received mine, thank you so much. I have used most of them in my daughters room which I have just redecorated, and hope to post about soon. Have a lovely break with your family, love Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good. Don't forget to post us the finish setup. Thank you for sharing, Happy Easter, take care and enjoy! Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x