Tuesday, 10 April 2012

My craft room has a little makeover

 I am so pleased that I have a clutter free craft room at last!
I really struggle with keeping a clear head in a messy room and it's been a real mess since we turned this room into a craft room a year ago.


This is now my painting and packing table and is where my French metal hanging rail and hamper were originally.  The hamper is now in Seth's room and the hanging rail is at my sister's house.


I know I've already shared this memo board but I really like it :)
I used to have letters spelling 'the nest' in my shop on the wall behind the counter but they were all the same font (like the s) but I decided I wanted mismatching letters here.  I did originally paint them various shades of white, grey, sludgey green and zinc but painted over them as they looked too messy with different fonts and different colours.  I'm happy with how they look now.


My sewing table directly opposite the painting table.  There is plenty of space on the carpet in between  the two tables for me to lay out my rolls of fabric to mark and cut.


This is with my back to the window.  We still need to put some trim around the cupboard door frame and get some doors made but there's no hurry for that.


I made this blackboard on the weekend from a broken frame I had from TKMaxx about 2 years ago.  It's been hanging around since then waiting for me to find a place for it.  I made the letter S a while back and the lovely flower picture was a gift from Kat at High Tide Low Style.


I love maps and got this one by Cavallini and Co in Spain last December.


My craft and fabric paints are now organised by colour in this caddy.


I love this metal box I've had for a while.  It's handy for large fabric off cuts which I don't want piling up with my main fabric stock. 


I pinned a gorgeous little tin like this one on Pinterest a while back and ended up buying the same tin.


My packing supplies are all in this basket with my thank you tags and string for the parcels close by.


I love having my fabric all organised on my new shelves.


This gorgeous wire oyster basket I picked up in France is holding some vintage French sheets I have left over from the pile I bought in France last year.  These are still waiting for me to launder them!!  I'm really not as lazy as I sound.  I have a few already cleaned waiting for me to make things out of.

I have two more of these baskets as well.  I bought them with the intention of selling them but the postage is going to be too high so they are just waiting for me to put them to good use unless I can find a cheaper shipping carrier.

There you have it!
My clean and organised little corner of the world.
I'm doing the Snoopy happy dance right now.
I doubt it will stay this tidy for long but it has been a few days now and so far so good!!

Any tips for better organising let me have them!

xoxox

6 comments :

  1. love your craft corner! the cake tin is a great idea for storing little things :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha, your craft room looks amazing. I am sure you are just itching to get creating, in such a lovely space. I love the idea of the bun tin for your little bits and bobs. I have posted about my daughters room and put a little link to you.
    I hope you had a lovely Easter, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Sam, I want a room for myself just so it can look organised and pretty just like yours! I recieved your covers yesterday, just as I was running out of the door. Thank you so much. I have only just read the card and have been waiting for the right moment to open them up. My nephew is staying and is a very busy 4 year old so I have been a little weary. I think I may go grab a coffee soon and take some time out to open them up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your space. Nice, clean and I love the fabric storage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it, i love to do my own room. will you help me. i have gaming setup and now i want my gaming desk look beautiful nice and clean just like yours. I'll definitely start work on weekend.Thanks for sharing and inspiring me for my own room and desk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful space you have! We're moving soon and I will finally have crafting space! Lots of inspiration here :) Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x