Saturday, 17 March 2012

Proud to be Welsh


I have a very drunk happy husband tonight.

Wales have won the Six Nations Rugby Championship today.

This annual rugby championship is between Wales, Ireland, England, Scotland, France and Italy.

If any of the UK teams wins all their matches ie. if Wales were to beat England, Scotland and Ireland - (as we did this year) that team wins the Triple Crown.  If you then go on to win against all five countries you win the Grand Slam (as we did today).  Some years no-one get the Triple Crown or the Grand Slam and the championship is won on points.  Not this year!


Everyone in Wales is proud to be Welsh today.  

Well done Wales!!!!!!

xoxox

4 comments :

  1. Hooray for Wales! You were my favourite team last year in the World Cup, apart from the All Blacks of course :) A Kiwi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Wales, it must be very exciting over there at the moment!
    Samantha, I must apologise, you must think me very rude. When I got your lovely little package I sent you an e-mail, but I don't think it went. I haven't been on the computer since then. I was thrilled with the chalkboard labels, they are really cute. I haven't decided whether to use them on storage jars or for something more adventurous. Thank you so much for sending them. I would like to send you one of my little knitted dishcloths as a thankyou if you would e-mail me your address I will post it off to you. (linda@lindaokane.co.uk) With kind regards, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting! although I have no expert, but I want have to know more and more, on your blog just interesting and useful information. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x