Saturday, 21 January 2012

Simple paper garlands

A new Hobby Craft shop has opened up just 10 minutes from where I live.
It's like craft supply heaven to me and very handy as until now I have to get my supplies from lots of different places and now I can most things here.


Last month I came across some really pretty craft papers.  I don't do any paper craft at all.  I don't scrapbook or make my own cards etc so never look at craft paper but these patterns were just gorgeous.  They are reversible with a different pattern on each side.  I bought one sheet of each of three different patterns and a 2 inch circle punch then cut up the entire cards.  I lay two discs together with the patterns facing (ie. spots facing spots and the other design facing out) and then stitched down the middle followed by more discs.  I then opened up the discs and folded them out.  I didn't really have a plan - I was just seeing what I could do with such pretty card.


I ended up with this really pretty garland which I love but which doesn't fit in with any room at all in my house so for now sits across a mirror in my craft room.


I've since bought more of these patterned cards and have made a load of butterflies for a bare wall in my niece, Kitty's bedroom.  It looks so pretty and is a really cheap way of brightening up a bare white wall.  I'll post some photos of Kitty's 'hippy bohemian' bedroom soon. 


I got the bug then and made a garland from vintage sheet music which we used as a garland for our Christmas tree and which I haven't had the heart to put away yet so it's currently wrapped around the bottle drying rack which I've put in the dining room for now.



This is such an easy thing to make and I'm thinking of making loads to use on the ceiling for Lily's birthday next month.

Have a lovely weekend!

xoxox

5 comments :

  1. Love the garland, it's so pretty. I saw some lovely craft paper recently but had no ideas - thanks for the inspiration. Also love the fact that I've found another British blog !
    Fiona @justpaintitwhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective, I like that you sewed them, awesome!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha, they are gorgeous little garlands! Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are adorable. I am so in love with all things 'sheet music' and your garland is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x