Monday, 26 December 2011

The upstairs trees

I kept the decorating mainly to the living room, dining room and kids tv room but did put a small tree in the bedrooms.  

In our room I bought a skinny tree which I put inside a zinc pot I've had for ages and hung a simple white tin star from the top.  I also taped a small sign to the panelling on the wall.  


For the kid's rooms I bought bigger spindly 'Frech style' trees and I put Lily's inside a large pot I found at an antiques centre a while back (the one with the missing handle).  I helped her choose the decorations for it as she was drawn to huge baubles which were just too big.


Her little Maileg bunnies are sitting under the tree.
I put a picture of her looking 'angelic' in a lovely grey frame I bought in France earlier this year.  On the same trip I also bought her the little ceramic pot with the bird on top (my idea was that she could one day use this for earings however she has no desire to have her ears pierces just yet so it's empty!).


Seth couldn't drag himself away from the Xbox for long enough to decorate his tree so it's not worth photographing.  It's the same kind of tree as Lily's and covered with lights but just one decoration which I bought in Majorca earlier this month.


Dinner is served!
My husband is a great cook and as always our Christmas dinner was stunning!!

Excuse the scruffy garden - it's on our 'to do' list but pretty far down so I try to avoid getting it in photos as much as possible.

Hope you are all having a lovely and relaxing Christmas - I know I am.

xoxox

7 comments :

  1. I love your little decorated trees! They are so adorable! I am a new follower of your blog. I hope you can visit my blog and follow me if you wish!

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Sam! I love that you've used all of the things you have gathered from your trips. And I had to laugh about your son...I put my son's tree in his room and he has never even bothered to plug it in...sigh!

    I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing Boxing Day!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Samantha, I love all your decorations, so simple and lovely. How nice that your husband does the cooking! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all the very best for 2012. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ever so much for sharing so we could all enjoy! I am so glad I found your special place here. I will follow on my way out so as I would love to visit again. I hope you will find the time to come visit my place and do the same. Best wishes for some happy holiday time. I look forward to engaging and supporting your blog in the New Year. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Samantha! Its nest is simply wonderful, loved to meet him, they are works are beautiful, delicate and super charming!
    Your blog is a magnificent source of inspiration and inexhaustible ... Congratulations!
    I'm following you and would love a quick visit her!
    kisses
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam

    Thank you for taking the time to show these on your blog. As always your style shines through. Perhaps even rubbing off??? on to at least one of your offspring!!! Hope 2012 is all you want it to be...T

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back!
    I was worried!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x