Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Christmas art from vintage flash cards

A few months ago I bought some vintage flash cards from this Etsy seller.

There were loads of words to choose from and I chose snow, sleds and mittens as I planned on using them as part of my Christmas decorating.  These are really big flash cards - bigger than I expected but I actually love the fact that there is a lot of off white card left blank.


I bought a simple black frame from Hobbycraft for £10 and used double sided tape to attach burlap to the back board.  I then used a small amount of the same (removable) tape to the cards and attached them to the burlap.


It's now hanging on the beadboard half wall which divides my kids TV room from my study area.


I love it in their room with mistletoe lights along the wall - I think it has a really vintage child like quality so looks great in this room.

 
xoxox

Linking to

5 comments :

  1. Very creative and super cute!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a cute idea! You are so creative, I don't know where you find the time!

    Merry Christmas to you and your entire family!

    xo Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, Sam ~ x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x