Sunday, 31 July 2011

Back from France

I'm back!  After 17 days in France without (with ridiculously limited) access to the internet I can't wait to catch up on my favourite blogs - I know I'm addicted when the first thing I did when I got in was turn my computer on!

For the first week and a half the weather wasn't very good which I used to my advantage as it enabled me to pop off to flea markets.  They weren't particularly good ones and as they were all in roughly the same area I kept seeing the same sellers but I did manage to find some great things some of which I'll be keeping and some I'll be listing on Etsy.

I'll share some photos of my finds over the next couple of days as right now I'm zonked!  We spent 13 hours in the car yesterday driving up through France and after we left France this morning we spent another 5 hours driving home through England and Wales. 

For now here is a little peak at my best find. 


Three huge piles of vintage linen sheets three of which have large detailed monogrammes stitched on others which have red initials stitched in the corners.  The feel and weight is just lovely and I can't wait to get them all freshly laundered and decide what to do with them - either sell them as is or turn them into cushion/pillow covers.

What would you do?

xoxox 




9 comments :

  1. Welcome home! And those vintage linens are beautiful, I'm sure you will find lots of wonderful uses for them!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Sam, you must be exhausted, travelling always makes me weary! The linen sheets are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam,
    Welcome Home, I just came upon your blog again.
    Life has been crazy so I had to wind down and visit some great blogs again. So here I am.
    Well, what would I do with all that linen?
    Honestly, I have great ideas and then I chicken out. I always get the jitters to actually cut up the vintage linen. Soooo, you could sell some and make some (once that are a little fragile to use as sheets). into pillows, so you meet yourself halfway... Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful linen, glad you had a good time, I hope one day to visit France and the flea markets. Looking forward to seeing the photos :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home!!
    Can't wait to share in your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your lovely blog and I look forward to popping by again for some more inspiration! I've just put the finished touches on my new blog ‘Coastal Style’ It will have lots of inspiration on beach houses, resortwear, summer food, travel and anything ‘beachy’. I had a lot of fun putting it together so maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
    http://coastal-style.blogspot.com/
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    I have just come across your lovely blog - like you I love these french linen sheets and always have the dilema as to whether or not I should cut them up - I usually do but just recently I have decided to keep some of the more heavier ones with the monogramms on. Have fun whatever you decided.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, what gorgeous sheets. I would be torn as to what to do. They would be fantastic as cushions, but also would look great thrown over some stunning French furniture. Good luck, let us know what you decide xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Samantha. Your treasure trove looks great. I think if it was me I would keep the best quality ones whole and use the others to make things with. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x