Saturday, 4 June 2011

Salvaged plant pot


A few weeks ago I had to go somewhere which is a 2 hour drive from where I live and passed an antiques centre so naturally stopped to have a mooch.
There were tons of cool things there including loads of antique metal street signs and advertising but the thing that caught my eye was outside. 


It was a big, heavy old off white pot which originally had two 'handles' on the side but one had broken off.  That didn't really bother me as the pot was such a lovely colour and shape.


I bought it for £2 as I thought it would look lovely filled with hydrangeas and the broken side could be turned away or obscured by the flowers.  It looks great in a corner of my dining room on the little round table I gave a makeover to recently.


The sun is shining here in Wales and it looks like we're going to have a glorious weekend.

Hope you have a great weekend wherever you are!


6 comments :

  1. I found your blog at Funky Junk Interiors. I love that flower pot. Good for you for being able to deal with a missing handle. The hydrangeas are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 美女政戰官貓界賭神超級辣椒禿頭狂想曲孟茜黃露瑤4 June 2011 at 15:48

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely on your table with the Hydrangea and the little starfish. Enjoy your weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love imperfections on antiques, it only means they have been used and loved. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Very lovely pot and beautiful with your Hydrangeas.. we are being spoilt with all this lovely weather, I love it and it means the hubby can cook today.. BBQ :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the flower pot and the way you have everything displayed so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x