Friday, 24 June 2011

Future Laundry Room

For a long time now I have been dreaming of putting a small extension on the back of our house just off the kitchen.

This little extension needs to be mud room, laundry room, bathroom and dog bedroom.


I want it to have a barn door and beadboard panelling just like this.  I even have a chunkier version of the same dog!


I want my husband to make me some of these Ballard Designs drying racks.


A lovely window overlooking the garden, plenty of shelving and counter space plus of course a loo!


And somewhere for the shoes, boots and coats that seem to take over my house.

This dream is a long way off but I've been buying some little bits ready for it..

A Laundry Soap vinyl decal from Shelley at the House of Smiths


an antique french zinc flower pot from this shop on Etsy which I'm using as a laundry soap scoop



And a sign which I used to sell in my shop and would sell out really quickly every time.


In the UK we use the word trousers for pants and for us pants are underwear so the older ladies who used to come in the shop always giggled at this sign.

Although in our house we don't really need this sign as my kids (and my husband) drop their pants wherever they are!

~

I'm off to London in the morning for the weekend.

I'm taking Lily and one of her friends to see Glee on tour so we are all really excited.

We're going to go to the Natural History Museum tomorrow which I love going to and for tea we are going to Planet Hollywood and then on Sunday we'll be seeing the show.

I'm  sure I'll have lost my voice by the time I get home.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

xoxox

6 comments :

  1. I love the way you store your detergent cute and nice to look at.BTW I love the fabrics used in your daughters room. I get your desire for those little things in our homes that would allow us to love our space a lil more I would love a mudroom or very distinct entry way.A girl can dream.Love the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some lovely inspiration pictures - that drying rack would be super handy here! I adore your laundry soap container and the scoop is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend planned, have fun. Love the sign..my hubby and kids do the same no matter how much nagging I do :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I want one of those Ballard drying racks, I've been looking for something like that. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great ideas! I'm off to check out the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, yes to everything, I love it all. I hope you get everything you dream of Samantha, great inspirational photos as well. The drying racks are fab! Hope you enjoyed your trip to London, it all sounded rather good. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x