Monday, 4 April 2011

Spring Mantle

Over the weekend I had a bit of a purge on cleaning and organising and decided to freshen up my mantle for Spring.



My cast iron bunny has moved all around my house - he started life as a door stop in the kitchen and more recently has been stuck in a corner of my lounge just waiting for a new home.
He is really heavy so if he falls off the mantle piece I'm going to be needing a new slate hearth!


I've put most of my mercury glass away since Christmas but couldn't bear to part with it all so some of my favourite pieces have been left out.  I quite like the look of them with the twiggy pieces.


Some new white hyacinths.  I don't like the colour of the basket so plan on washing it with a little pale grey/white paint to see if it blends a little better.


A close up of my lovely bunny!


I'm still thinking about paintint the fire surround.  After reading Marianne from Miss Mustard Seed's post on Annie Sloane chalk paints I think I'm going to paint it (and the mirror) off white and heavily distress it.  As we have oak flooring the warmth of the pine on the fireplace is just too much for me.
I hope it works out :)

6 comments :

  1. Love it!....The mirror is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely. I especially like your bunny and the mercury glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rabbit is so gorgeous Sam and I think your surround and mirror will look lovely painted with a distressed finish. Good luch with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so pretty Sam, and I love your bunny! I think the surround will be beautiful painted off white and distressed! And it's so funny, I was just looking at Annie Sloan paint today!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little black dots on the cast iron bunny. It makes him more unique. The bunny is a he right?

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x