Friday, 4 March 2011

Wonderful blogging friends and some art for my craft room wall

I've had a rough week this week.
My computer had a virus and had to go away to be fixed - then Seth and I both had a virus and have been dosing up on cold and cough medicine, nose spray and painkillers.
My house needs cleaning from top to bottom and I have a ton of sewing to catch up on.  
Besides dozing and catching up on all that crap day time TV I've managed to scribble a few ideas into the little sketch book that my husband bought me for Christmas so when I feel back to normal I have plenty of ideas to keep me going for a while.


I've been on the search for the perfect old frame to turn into a notice board to go above my desk in the craft room but so far have had no luck.  On the same wall I wanted to put a large wooden letter S and a frame which my sister brought me back from South Africa where she got married 5 years ago.  The frame has been propped up all over the place for the last 5 years and has never had a picture in it until now.  This gorgeoue photo with the perfect shade of green background goes perfectly in the frame and in the room.  The photo was a lovely gift from Kat from Low Tide High Style.  I had no idea she was sending it to me and it was so exciting to receive something unexpected in the mail (especially as this month I am usually the one giving the presents, not receiving them).  Thank you again Kat - you made my day :)

I also wanted to include something inspirational on one wall in the room.  Something to keep me going, to remind me that the late nights are all worth it and that whatever I want is possible if I work at it - I can make things happen.  So tonight I had a go at making something on my Broderbund publishing package.  I'm not too hot on computers so you can probably all knock something up 100 times better but if you like it just click and save.  You are free to use it as you wish.


I also thought of ' you really can make it happen' and 'your dreams can be achieved' and so on. 
I think they all say the same thing and would serve to motivate me.
Now I need to find a nice frame to put it in - I hope it's easier to find than the one I need for my noticeboard!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend
xoxox

5 comments :

  1. Sam, I'm so glad you liked the picture and your beautiful frame makes it look SO good! Now I need to find a source for those frames and maybe sell a few of my photos that way!

    I'm so glad your computer is back up and running, and I'm sorry to hear that you guys have been under the weather. This winter has been so bad for colds and viruses! At least you have had some time to gather some wonderful ideas though, I can't wait to see them come to fruition! I love the inspirational quote too!

    Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I´ll save the image! I had a horribilus week and I really need Inspiration to keep going on xD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The print looks so lovely in the frame. I like the soft, pretty colours. I hope you are all feeling a lot better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you feel better soon...you have a lot of ideas to get going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Kat is one very clever lady! I love your print in that gorgeous frame, Sam! BEAUTIFUL!! I hope everyone is on the mend and that you have a wonderful week ahead ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x