Monday, 14 February 2011

More grain sacks

I've just had a new delivery of grain sacks.  They only just arrived from Hungary on Monday and by Friday they were mine!  I love them.  


I had thought this one had my initials - SJ but on closer inspection I think it's FS. 
I think I can get away with it though and am probably going to make a cushion for me out of this one.


The one below is my favourite.  The thin stripes are so simple and understated.


On their metal rail ready to be washed and given a new lease of life.


I've got quite a lot on at the moment so I probably won't get a chance to work with these beauties for a few weeks.  For now I'm just loving looking at them.

~

On Friday my baby girl is 9.  She is having her besties back for a birthday tea and we are then going to the cinema to see Gnomio and Juliet.  Then on Monday she is having a pizza making party at Frankie and Benny's Italian restaurant for her friends, classmates, neighbours and cousins. 

The following Friday is my husband's birthday.  Who??  Poor Pat gets forgotton amongs the chaos of the kids birthdays. 

Seth will be 13 a fortnight today and a week Saturday is having a sleepover with a Chinese takeaway for his friends plus an evening of horror films!!!  I remember when I was a teenager liking horror films.  I would never watch one now. 

On the same day that Seth is 13, Pat and I will have been together for 25 years which seems just unbelievable to me especially as I only feel about 19!  So on top of planning birthdays, parties, party bags etc we are trying to find the time to do something special for our 25th 'dating' anniversary.  I can literally feel the grey hairs growing with the stress of it all!

I love it all though - except the part where my babies keep growing - I want them to stay little and live with me forever :(

Wish me luck for the next couple of weeks x

xoxox

5 comments :

  1. Love the grain sacks!!
    It's all birthday business around here too as my daughter turns 7 next week and is having a party with a 'candy buffet' :)

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your wonderful grain sacks, and how cool that the one has your initials...I think it is a J, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;-)

    You have an action packed few weeks with birthdays and anniversaries...wow! Enjoy each of them!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the grain sacks Sam and I would call that an SJ for sure. Busy times ahead - Good luck! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Sam, the grain sacks are gorgeous!! Lucky you!
    Happy birthday to your little one! I'm loving your craft room, it's coming along so nice!
    AND...........
    Thank you so much for you beautiful pillow!
    You so didn't have to do that.
    You couldn't have picked a better word for the pillow thank you so much, I so appreciatte you and your friendship!!!!
    Lots of love to you
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you stamina, not luck! That is an amazingly busy couple of weeks, but full of fun no doubt! The grain sacks are lovely and I think that does look like an SJ. Your craft room is so gorgeous too, I am in love with it. I want one! Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x