Monday, 28 February 2011

Busy, busy, busy ...


Today my gorgeous little man became a teenager.
I cannot believe how fast it has gone.
He has always been an easy child.  He is easy going and laid back (sadly he gets that from his father and not his highly strung mother!).  He is handsome and intelligent (he gets those traits from me :)  Ok, he gets those from his Dad too!)  He is popular and has a warped sense of humour (finally something he gets from me!).
We are so proud of him.
Happy Birthday Seth xxx 


Today is also the 25th anniversary of my and my husband's first date. 
I cannot believe it has been 25 years already.
Pat is a lot like Seth and he grounds me completely - I am such a worrier and he always puts me at ease.  He looks after me.
I'm looking forward to the next 25 years.

I have no photos of us to post as our home PC has a virus.  Apparently it's a virus which has swept our city over the last week.  All my photos are on that computer and not Seth's laptop which I am using now.  Hopefully we'll get it back by Wednesday.  I hope so - I'm lost without my computer.

Last weekend I made a cushion which had been milling around in my head and on scraps of paper for some time.  In my head the design was simple - double frayed ruffle with either piping or velvet ribbon.


In reality this was a pain to make. 



When it came to piecing it all together there were six layers of fabric to stitch together.


I'm not happy with how it turned out so I won't be selling it.  So it looks like I now have a cushion for my bed  Luckily it goes really well with my new blue throw.


On another subject I received a lovely surprise in the post last week from Kat from Low Tide High Style.  I'll be posting a picture of it soon but right now I don't know how to edit photos on Seth's laptop so it would have to be posted sideways.

One of the best things about blogging is the wonderful friends you make all over the world. 
Thank you all.

xoxox

5 comments :

  1. Happy birthday to your "young man"! He is very cute! I have a 12 year old so I'm not too far away!

    Hope you can fix your computer issues soon! Ugh!

    I think the pillow is darling. I like the piping and the frayed edges. We are always so critical of ourselves.

    Take care! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Seth! He sounds like a wonderful son and of course we know he comes from a great family! I'm sorry about your computer virus and hope they are able to fix your PC and get it up and running soon!

    I love the pillow and I think it looks perfect! And I'm glad you liked the little package I sent, it's nothing really, just a little thank you for all that you do for me!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Seth and congratulations to you! 25 years together is a very special occasion and I do hope you get to celebrate it is a special way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy bday to your little man. They grow so fast, don't they?
    I quite like your pillow. It's unique. It does sound like it was cumbersome to sew through. I can understand that.
    Looking forward to your sharing your goodies that you received in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your handsome son! Congratulations on the 25th anniversary of you and your husband's first date!

    To be honest, I really like the pillow you made.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x