Thursday, 2 December 2010

A bit more Christmas decorating

Either side of my fireplace we have white open shelved units.

Today I decorated the one on the right.


I used my little fake tree that I bought last year.
I love the zinc pot it sits in.
I decorated it with mercury glass hearts which I've been selling at parties and fairs this year - I have a few of these left so if anyone wants to buy one just let me know (they are £3.50 each).  I also used some favourite white wooden birds and metal snowflakes and a few other little white decorations.


Some large pine cones which I have had for years and years.  I never tire of them.


Some Pottery Barn reindeer candlesticks (I have 4 of these as I bought some in Canada a few years ago and my sister went to America a couple of years later and bought me two back not knowing I already had some).  The other two are on the other unit facing these two!


And even more mercury glass of course - some baubles in a hurricane lamp and some more candle holders.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in our house!

Lily and I started a new Christmas project (involving branches off a tree in our garden) for her bedroom last night.  Hopefully we'll get that finished tomorrow and she can proudly reveal her 'new' Christmas tree.

Linking this up to:
Christmas vignette party at Southern Hospitality

xoxox

10 comments :

  1. Your litle tree is perfection! So very sweet and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And gorgeous touch with the mercury glass accents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love how you incorporated your black and white pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha, I just love your little tree in that great zinc pot. Your combination of elements in your vingette is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! This is one of my favorite color combination's.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. The simplicity of natural elements along with the touches of the mercury glass add for a perfect combination. xo (love the photos too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Everything about this stylish, pretty vignette makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty! I'm decorating with silver too!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love all your holiday decor! I think that is perfect for my condo too. :)

    condo Philippines

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x