Thursday, 4 November 2010

Halloween Party 2010

I was outvoted by the entire street and we ended up having our Halloween party on Saturday. 

After Melaine from My Sweet Savannah shared with us her sign inspired by one in the Halloween Special issue of Better Homes and Gardens I scoured the earth for a copy (which I had to get from ebay in the States) and made my own version.  It was actually made on the day of the party so was really rushed but it came out OK - I may take more time and make a better one for next year.


Our front garden is a graveyard every year.



Shabby fireplace


My plan in the hall had been to buy cheap black frames and use them to frame spooky pictures of us and some spooky quotes - "I am Dracula and I bid you welcome"....
I couldn't find any cheap enough frames (Ikea trip for next year I think!) so I mounted them onto black card and put a smaller frame of black card around the pcitures and quotes to give them some structure.


I took photos of us all screaming or looking scared and edited them in picnik - I had white eyes and vampire teeth, my husband had a spider dangling in front of his face, Lily had red vampire eyes and bloody vampire teeth and Seth had zombie lime green eyes and blood trickling from the corner of his mouth.


Once the party started my camera was forgotten so I didn't take photo's of anyone in costume except for my sister and her family - they are all from Harry Potter - Ned is (a curly blond !) Harry Potter, Kitty is his owl, Hedwig, Simon is Dumbledorr and Bec is Professor McGonegal.  They looked amazing and so did all the other kids who dressed up.

Unfortunately it rained (see, we angered the spirit world by having the party on the wrong day - I knew something would happen) and everyone ended up in my house with muddy shoes and my house was a tip!  As if I didn't have enough to do :)

Never mind - it was a great party and now we have Christmas to look forward to. 

~

On the subject of Christmas my sister and I went to London yesterday to one of my wholesale suppliers and picked up some stuff for my first Christmas sale this Saturday.  I got some lovely stuff to complement the stuff I've been making to sell - lots of mercury glass (including a huge jar just for me!) and some lovely candle and tea light holders.  I'll try and get a few photos to show you tomorrow.

xoxox

1 comment :

  1. Love the dead and breakfast and the gravestones. looks like fun oh and the mantle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x