Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Autumn/Halloween Mantel


Tonight I decided to take everything off my mantel piece and dress it more for Autumn and ready for Halloween.


I made a blackboard for my kitchen a while ago and wrote Autumnal and Halloweeny sayings on it then propped it up against the mirror.


I framed a little picture which was created by Shelley from House of Smith's.  I e-mailed her about it after I saw it on her blog and she was kind enough to send me the image so I could print it off and use it myself.  This is sitting next to a black glittered skull.


Some big old pine cones which I have had for years and a leaf which I found on holiday in Canada a few years ago and kept in a magazine.  And finally some French yoghurt pots I picked up on holiday in France this year  - the yoghurt was disgusting but I liked the jars!


I plan on doing a bit more - making a burlap banner to hang underneath the mantel, a skull on the fireplace, some pumpkins and a crow or two if I can find any!

I've got shelves to do in the dining room and the kitchen too!

This is going to be so much fun!

xoxox

Linking this up to Crazy Cute at betweenuandme
and
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage

11 comments :

  1. Looks lovely Sam! The blackboard is a great idea - I've been wanting to do something similar in my kitchen. Have a great week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Sam! And you made me laugh about the yoghurt pots...they look great even if what they held wasn't so yummy!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This turned out awesome! You have a great eye for balance. I would just love if you would come over to Crazy Cute at Between U & Me and share this with everyone! :)

    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thanks for stopping by! I hope to see you next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't decorating for autumn fun?! I love your chalkboard, what a great idea! I'm having a fun giveaway right now...your daughter would love it! Come check it out! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! I love the mantel. AND you bet you can post Halloween pics on the link up thingymajig. :) I love the skele on the loo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love your chalkboard! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very cute! I love the chalkboard word collage! I'd love for you to come link up some of your stuff to the Halloween party this weekend! Hope to see you there.

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks perfect for fall!! Love the blackboard and the candles.

    Your comment on my blog about your daughter making you all movie tickets for Fridays nights made me smile :)

    Have a wonderful weekend - sorry haven't popped by your blog lately, am catching up now... xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! I especially love the different handwriting on the chalk board. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x