I've been so consumed with crafting recently that my house has been neglected and looks like a bombsite a lot of the time.
After making a ton of pillows for other people I decided it was time to do some for me.
The old pillows on our sofas were a mixed bag - a tapestry one from Laura Ashley that I had had for years and gone off a long time ago (so I sold those on ebay), some other damask ones and some cream linen ones which were made for us when we had the sofas recovered a few years ago.
I found some gorgeous cotton canvas recently which really looks like a cross between linen and grain sack and have made some cushions out of this to sell on etsy but went back and got a load more of this fabric on Friday just for me.
I wanted grain sacks without the price, so using masking tape (tip - I have found that when painting stripes on fabric using masking tape is easier to position that freezer paper and works just as well) I taped off some lines for painting.
After dabbing lightly with a stencil brush I ripped off the tape and voila!
I wanted a large pillow down the middle of my big sofa rather than loads of smaller ones so bought a bolster pillow - this is really comfortable to sit on and my sofa is extra deep so there is still plenty of room for bottoms!
I used a 30cm x 60cm pillow for the smaller sofa but may get another bolster for here too - I'm going to live with it for a bit and then decide.
The only thing is I think I made the sofas too comfortable now - this is my husband this lunchtime!