Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Coffee sack pillows (the cheats version)

A while ago I managed to get hold of a load of coffee sacks.

I was really excited as I wanted to make pillows out of them.

Unfortunately when they arrived they were pretty grubby and the burlap was such a loose weave that they wouldn't have made very good pillows.

I've seen so many pillows made from great coffee sacks that I decided to make some of my own 'replica' coffee sack pillows.



I found some coffee sack images I liked online and altered them to suit my taste then made stencils from freezer paper.

I bought dark brown fabric paint but it was too light so I mixed it with black paint to make the right shade of brown.

I think I should possibly have made the paint a bit more smudgey and faded in areas to make them look more authentic and more like real coffee sacks but even so, I'm still really pleased with how they turned out.

Now I need to decide what to do with the 20 yucky coffee sacks I have up my attic!

xoxox

6 comments :

  1. These turned out great! And I like them just the way they are! You are so talented Sam!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great. I have got to try the freezer paper method. Looks like you can do a lot with it. I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your versions are just darling. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! And here I'm searching high and low for the yucky variety. :)

    Fabulous outcome! Now I have to go investigate what the freezer paper method is. Yeah, I'm a little behind in the crafty area.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome Sam!! I especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x