Monday, 2 August 2010

Life laundry and Etsy update

We've had lovely weather today so the children have been playing outside the whole day leaving me to have a day of sorting and organising. 

I've gone through old craft supplies which I seem to build up to ridiculous amounts and made a few chalkboard tags which I listed on etsy.  I think they are quite cute and could be used on tables or for gifts. 




I also listed some craft supplies I will never get round to using on ebay along with some of my children's old clothes (the nice things like Mini Boden, Room Seven and Oilily usually sell well - oddly surfwear doesn't go for much on ebay so I'm better off selling those in a car boot sale). 

I cleared out my spare bedroom closet (the room now looks like a bombsite but at least the cupboard is empty ready for re-organising).  We have a double cupboard in that room with only one door which makes it difficult to store and access things.  My husband has agreed to open up the space to fit double doors and to fit shelves one half and have hanging space for guests in the other half.  This also gives me a chance to clear out a lot of stuff I no longer want or need so I now also have a car boot sale pile building up in one corner.

I hate how stuff mounts up so much and feel that the more clutter I have in my house the more cluttered my mind becomes.  I definitely need a life laundry. 

Does anyone have any tips on how to de-clutter my house and my life and to help me get more organised?  Please!!

xoxox

6 comments :

  1. Those tags are very cute! You make me feel guilty with all your tidying and organising! I have one room I cannot get into due to the stacks of unpacked boxes. I am thinking when I get my studio room finished I'll have to take time off wok to get it organised!
    I don't think I'll ever be an organised person so I'm not a good one to give advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tags! And I have plenty of decluttering...both literally and figuratively speaking, so if I find the magic answer I'll be sure to share it!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tags :)
    We keep fighting the mess here too! Thought I don't have a magical tip, I do have a very inspiring book to recommend you. It's called "Space Clearing" by Karen Kingston, I've bought this book a few years ago and it always helps me to get the will to eliminate the clutter in my house. This book is like a decluttering coach. I love it! Hope it will help you :)


    ps. your house is beautiful, very well decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. I may have just the thing for you. I have this book and it has very good ideas to put into practice to help declutter, get organized and stay decluttered.
    As a matter of fact I am putting these ideas into practice. Here is a link to the book.
    http://www.amazon.com/Cleaning-Up-Clutter-Family-Organized/dp/B001PO66BM/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280880787&sr=8-27
    I would be happy to send you my copy as I have already read it and am putting the ideas into practice. Would be happy to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute decorations heart shaped hanging in some placement. Stars also identifies that everyone will appreciate the star decors which is also good for that position. That craftmatic design is definitely luxurious accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Blog, will be following it! Your life is very full, but you take time for making lovely things, that's so nice.
    Congrats on winning the beach glass earrings I made for Kat's givaway and thanks for following my Frosted Trash Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x