Friday, 13 August 2010

Grain sack pillows

No more faking it for me!
At least not for the last couple of days - here's my first batch of real grain sack pillows.


I just love them - the fabric really is so soft and full of character. 
I really want a few for my lounge but can't justify the expense at the moment.
All are for sale in my etsy shop.


I will treat myself to a few soon though.

I'm torn at the moment though as I would normally go for pillows / cushions with a little red in them for my living room but am really drawn to the square blue one. 

I'm going to have to sit on it for a bit (no pun intended) before I make a choice.

Both my kids were out with friends today so I have sewed all day as I've been selling loads in my etsy shop lately so have made copies of several of the most popular cushion and cut others ready to be sewn so that I'm prepared.  Back to work next week unfortunately!  Now I need a trip to Ikea to buy yet more plastic storage boxes to keep all the ready made pillows in.

My living room and dining room are completely covered in Burlap dust and scraps of linen and grain sacks.  I'd better crack on and clean it so I can have a nice relaxing weekend. 

~

First though I need to go outside and try and see some shooting stars.
Last night we saw loads due to the meteor shower and apparently it's going to go on for the next couple of days.  I was so excited as I've never seen one before.  My husband has seen loads as he often goes fishing late at night but last night's dozen or so were my first.  All the kids in my and the neighbouring street were outside in their PJ's and dressing gowns and we set up benches for them all to sit on with their blankets.  It was so much fun - this is the kind of thing they will always remember.  I did think I'd have a bad neck this morning from standing with my head tilted up for so long last night but I think the head bent forward over a sewing machine today has put it back to normal.


CSN GIVEAWAY coming soon

I'll be having a giveaway sponsored by CSN soon and will try to give details over the next couple of days.  At the moment I am still trawling through their multitude of websites - once you start you can't stop!  Keep an eyeout for this giveaway and hope you all have a great weekend!

xoxox

4 comments :

  1. I absolutely love the blue square pillow too! And how special to spend the time with your family watching the meteor shower. It's been cloudy here so we haven't been able to catch any of it! It's so exciting to watch when there are lots of them streaking towards the earth!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris apartments and accommodation. Paris short term stays for vacation and holiday rentals accommodation. Self catering, family and group holidays and luxury apartments in Paris France.On Holiday-Velvet.com travellers can find and book quality holiday apartments and villas, and selected B&Bs and hotels.
    vacation apartments in paris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with pillows! And those look great!
    I'm gonna check out your etsy shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I have always liked the red ones, I love the blue one you made.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x