Sunday, 6 June 2010

Summer Mantle

I decided today to give my mantle piece a fresh new look.  I was bored with what was displayed on there before so moved a few things around to freshen it up a bit.

I took a couple of starfish from the bathroom and a couple of white candlesticks which I bought on sale in Laura Ashley about five years ago and have never used.  They've been sitting in a cupboard ever since.
My sister brought me the barnwood frame back from her honeymoon (and wedding) in South Africa four years ago.  It was the first time I had seen a frame like this and I love it - she has loads all over her house.



I'm still thinking of painting the mantle piece or just having a new surround made.  It's on my mile long list of things to do when I have more money and time....

xoxox

9 comments :

  1. Sam, I love the new summery look of your mantle! Your starfish, candlesticks, and that great frame your sister gave you all look fabulous!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of your summer season mantle! It looks so relaxing! Beautiful.

    XO,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely! I was just thinking last night that it was time I changed mine around too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantle looks lovely, that's one of the nice things about a mantle. You can change it as little or af often as you feel like it.
    Have a great week.
    Donnaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha..this is super gorgeous..I love the arrangement you have put together..isnt it great when you can just move some decorative pieces you already have in the house around..and create something new...great job x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new look summer mantle Sam! you have such a gorgeous style, I love it! Hope you have a wonderful week ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantle looks great! I love the heart and the frame. What a lovely sister to bring you a back a gift from her honeymoon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by today, love the mantel! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen a barn wood frame before. That was a nice gift your sister got you. Especially considering it came all the way from South Africa.

    -Zane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x