Monday, 7 June 2010

A craft room in the garden

Next Friday we are off to France - yippee!
I've been looking up brocantes and flea markets in the area we are staying in in the hopes of finding some old linen to make cushions out of - fingers crossed!

When we come back from holiday at the end the month my mission will be to save up (easier said than done with me!) for a garden shed.  Not just any old 'lawnmower and shovel storage' shed but a workspace for me.  Somewhere for me to sand wood without it going all over my oak floors.  Somewhere for me to have bits of painted wood drying out without paint dripping all over my dining table and us having to eat off our laps.

Somewhere like any one of these....


image: Weatherstrong

image: source unknown

image: Tricia Foley

image: source unknown

image: source unknown

image: source unknown

image: Better Homes and Gardens

image: source unknown


If I had a space like any of these to work in I know I would get so much more done.

A small patio or deck outside would be a must too as it would be so nice to sit outside my 'shed' with a nice cold drink after a hard days crafting!

~

Am I the only one who lusts after sheds?!
I really need to get out more!

xoxox

12 comments :

  1. I would love a shed like those - they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sheds are gorgeous! I love the one from Tricia Foley! I would love a shed for me but we don't have the room in the yard unfortunately! How exciting, your holiday is not very far away now! I am extremely jealous and hoping you get lots of pics. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool sheds Samantha - better than the run of the mill tin shed! Also, lucky you going to France next week. I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a shed too Sam! Hope you have an absolutely fabulous time in France next week:) ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved that photo by tricia foley. But I love most things she does. I have our playhouse and one day I may just take it over. I'm not a very good saver but I want to be one so badly! I'm working on being a better steward every day. still learning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A craft shed would be wonderful! We don't have enough room fo an extra shed (just a boy shed) so that's why I am renovating my studio room in the house.
    ps Have a wonderful holiday -I'm trying not to be super jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love sheds too! I think its agreed that the Tricia Foley one is best - you must have a trolley of lavender at the door of your new shed! Bon Voyage!
    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So with you on the shed fetish! I'm lucky enough to have a separate studio, and I can tell you it's such a luxury to have a space just for me. It's not as pretty as the ones you've posted about, but a makeover is definitely on my 'to do' list! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got to admit, a little shed would be sweet. They are just the cutest things and I would find something useful to do with it I'm sure. Loved all the fun pics. #3 was my favorite.

    Have a great day over there in your parallel life;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you so much for stopping by! That was so inspirational :) Im glad you did too, I love you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a lovely trip to France and I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! I also can't wait to see all of the wonderful treasures you find! And I want a shed too, those are beautiful!

    Bon Voyage!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x