Thursday, 1 April 2010

My best ever April Fool's joke

I've been really busy lately and have several projects on the go, none of them finished (that is so typically me - I start something then if it takes too long I lose momentum and leave it hanging around for days) so have nothing exciting to post about.

We are however, expecting visitors from Spain tomorrow so am trying to get my guest bedroom all nice and welcoming.  


I've been hearing a lot of practial jokes today so thought I would share with you my funniest April Fool's trick ever.   My mother is quite gullible so a few years ago I got a male colleague to phone her telling her he was from the phone company and asking her if she ever had crackling on the line when she made a phonecall (I already knew that she did). He was really good and kept a straight face the whole time telling her that this was because of leaves and debris getting into the tubes carrying the phone cables to her house. He asked her to get a refuse sack/garbage bag to go over the phone's handset so that from his end they could use machinery to blow the leaves and debris out through her phone and he wanted to minimise the mess in her house. By now my mother was on loudspeaker and everyone in work was hysterical as my mother put the phone down then came back to tell him she had a bag. At this point he cracked up and my mother caught on! She thumped him (good naturedly) next time she saw him!

7 comments :

  1. hahah. That's a good and very cute joke. I am with you about projects...my intentions get the best of me and it take along while to get back in the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I'm doing to my mom...today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! I am terrible at keeping a straight face in those sort of situations. I'd have laughed for ages :)
    Have a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol!!! Oh your poor Mum! Too funny Sam. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend with your guests from Spain ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how funny :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your guests and a lovely Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a hooT! funny joke! i love your sidebar pics. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL too funny! Did she thump you too?! ;-)

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x