Sunday, 14 March 2010

Bulletin board / chalk board plans

I am pleased to report that the anti-biotics are working and I am starting to feel a lot better!
Not one to sit down for too long I decided to draw up some plans to make a bulletin board for my study/craft nook.
I scoured my favourite websites - Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware and Ballard Designs for some inspiration and came up with the drawing above.
White trim all around with cork board and blackboard, little shelf to hold chalk or prop up photos, cards etc and some hooks underneath to hang little bits off. I plan on using this to organise my crafts especially coming up to Christmas. I'll put all inspiration pictures on it and my to do lists. As I'm making things I'll hang them from the hooks until that project is finished and they can be packed away for me to start on the next. I hope it ends up looking OK especially as I just bought the wood and hooks etc for it and nearly died when it came to around £100. This will be a lot of money to waste if I make a bad job of this.
Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies!
xoxox

7 comments :

  1. I love your idea of having a corkboard and blackboard in the one space. Your design looks great and I'm really looking forward to seeing the end product - I'm sure it's going to look fabulous!! Glad you're feeling a bit better today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did this in my art studio...take a look. I used a door for one, and a window for another. The burlap areas are cork. The window areas are chalk board paint. I just finished it this weekend, and love it!
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fantastic Sam! I can't wait to see it. So happy to hear you are starting to feel better. Love your new header :) ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for popping over! Organizing little things is not something that comes naturally for me...at all, and it's taken me years to figure this out! Do you have a copy of Wendy Smedley and Aby Garvey's book? It's great...really helped me figure out what kind of an organizer I am. If you want my copy, just let me know. I'm going to post tomorrow on how I organized things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shelf plans look great! I noticed you've already bought the wood, but I'll put my 2 cents in anyway, If you just want a slim shelf a piece of trim works well for pictures and also perfect for chalk, Anyway, just thinking... Can't wait to see it. Glad you are feeling better! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so sorry you're not feeling well :( ME EITHER!!! your plans look wonderful though, way to be productive while feeling under the weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
    _____________________________

    Dissertation Format

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x