Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Coffee Sack bulletin board

My freebie coffee sacks arrived today.
~
They actually sent me 19 and not 10 which is great but I don't think I'm going to make them into cushions as they are a bit more open weaved than I would have liked.
~
Being impatient I couldn't wait to make something so I covered an old bulletin board with the front of one of the sacks.
I actually really like the sack but I don't think the bulletin board looks right for my home. I did think about mounting the frame on a piece of ply or mdf and then putting a frame around the edge but I still don't think it's what I'm after. I'm looking for a finer weave more like a linen.
~
I'm probably going to give this to my brother in law who has a really big home office plus works for WWF so is really into upcycling and this would appeal to his sensibilities.
~
The kind of thing I think I want for my study is either a vintage frame painted white and distressed framing a linen frame or something like the one below from Pottery Barn but maybe longer with a dividing piece down the middle so I can have a bulletin board one side and a blackboard the other. Also thinking of covering the bulletin board in linen and maybe painting some letters very faintly on the linen (I'm sorry - I know you're all sick of me and my freezer paper painting frenzy!)
I do really love this board but a white frame would suit my study/craft room better. The horizontal slats are a really great idea too. I think I may have a go at this over the weekend. Watch this space!
~
I may also use one of the bags to make a bed for my dog. They are so big and would hold a couple of old pillows easily. My soppy dog loves cuddling up on anything warm so this would be ideal. My mind is working overtime now - I'll never get to sleep tonight!
Once again I'm on the computer until goodness knows when!
Night night
xoxox

7 comments :

  1. glad to see i'm not the only one who stays up WAAAAAy too late blogging and reading other blogs!! hahah!
    (getting a little peek in while the baby sleeps! :)

    love the bulletin board!

    michelle...xoxo
    http://missbblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it and I'm sorry it's not what you were hoping for! I'm sure your brother in law will enjoy using it!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay Sam - I am so glad they finally turned up for you and wow, how much did you luck in!!! I think the board looks great and a great gift idea for your brother. Can't wait to see what else you do with them as I know it will be just stunning! Oh - I could never tire of your gorgeous freezer paper stencilled creations, they are so beautiful. Hope you can get to sleep. ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the coffee sack, I am sure that your brother will really appreciate it. It would look fantastic in a guy's office. How lucky that you got so many extra sacks, I can't wait to see what you come up with. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sam, i just wanted to thank you for becoming a new follower of mine! just wanted to let you know about a giveaway of mine!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea using the sack to cover the bulletin board! I'm sure your brother will love it. I really like the Pottery Barn image you posted. Look forward to seeing the result of all the projects floating around in your head at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sam, I just wanted to let you know that I have left you something on my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x