Thursday, 14 January 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award

I've just been given my second award for my blog. I was nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by Audrey from At Town Square. You can have a nose around her world just here. She lives in a gorgeous (apparently unpronounceable) town in Northern California and you can see some lovely photos of her hometown on her blog. Even on a sunny day I would choose California over Wales but at the moment with the cold, sleet and snow we've had here for the last few weeks I would sell one of my children to swap houses with her (well, not one of the children but perhaps my needy Golden Retriever, Woody!).

Thanks for the award Audrey x




So, now for the fun part! I have to list seven things people may not know about me (difficult as I'm pretty much an open book).


1. I have been cutting magazines up for over 20 years. I cut out pictures of gorgeous houses and then put them into boxes categorised by room type and on rainy days or when I feel a bit under the weather or when I need some inspiration I get the boxes out and purr for hours looking at houses I wish I lived in! My friends all laugh at me for doing this but they have ALL borrowed my boxes for inspiration.

2. I love films. I don't much care for this British obsession with 'reality' TV shows or people wanting to be instant celebrities so have never seen Big Brother or X-Factor. I'm not slating these programmes or the people who watch them - my sister doesn't even answer the phone when BB is on!! I just prefer to watch films - especially ones with gorgeous houses (or men!) (or both!!) in them. I also really love thrillers. Things with twists at the end that you never saw coming. Other than that I like comedy shows or real reality TV shows like Deadliest Catch - isn't Sig the coolest!

3. I love music. I'm an 80's rock chick in librarians clothing! I love the Foo Fighters and Linkin Park and can't stop playing the Twilight Soundtrack - the song by Mutemath is fantastic!

4. I can't stop making stuff. My creative juices are always flowing. It's a good job people buy my stuff of my cupboards would be bursting at the seams (even more than they are now).

5. I'm a worrier. If things are going well I worry that something bad is going to happen to spoil the moment!

6. I live on chocolate. I'm a terrible eater and rush around so much all day that I forget or don't have time to eat so end up getting a quick fix with chocolate. I'm also a really fussy eater and don't experiment at all. I don't want my kids to be like me so have brought them up to try everything (I'm such a hypocrite) and as a result they are really good eaters and like most things.

7. I can't walk in heels. I wish I could. I'd love to feel all grown up and elegant. I grew up by the sea and wore flip flops or espadrille boots (did you have those in the States?) in winter so never learned to walk in heels. I do have wedges but the last time I wore some I fell over - literally flying!! :( across a dance floor so have been on flats ever since. So I guess my no. 7 fact is that I'm a dork!!

Now I have to pass the award on to seven other fabulous people whose creative blogs inspire me. Step forward - you know who you are:


1. Lola B's

2. Funky Junk Interiors

3. Farmgirl Paints

4. Flowerpatch Farmgirl

5. Knock-off Wood

6. The Idea Room

7. The Lettered Cottage


As a recipient of this award you should:-

thank the person who nominated you and copy the Kreative Blogger Logo to your blog

link back to the person who nominated you for the award (moi!)

List seven things people may not know about you

and

nominate seven creative bloggers and post links to their blogs then stop by and comment on each of them

Well done to all the people above who really inspire me and make me glad I have joined blogland - pass it on!!

Thanks again to At Town Square - this was fun Audrey x





5 comments :

  1. Oh sweetie thank you so much for nominating me. I just answered one of these recently, so I don't know what else I would add.

    Can I say that I actually love reality tv...big brother, american idol, project runway etc...films are great too. I can't walk in heels either, but that's okay I don't ever need to. Thank heavens. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award! It was fun to learn some random facts about you too! I love that you cut up magazines to pull out for a rainy day pick-up! I would love to look through them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award...Audrey is one SWEET girl! Hope you have a FUN weekend!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so glad to learn more things about you. I had so much fun doing this. I would nominate you again if I could!! When you commented on my blog about sometimes needing the motivation to get busy and post, I feel the same way. Life sometimes takes over, but it's sure a great way to escape and express ourselves. What a treat to meet so many creative people in the blogosphere! As always thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award Samantha :) So happy to have found your lovely blog! Thanks for finding me:) I love your blog and am really looking forward to following you in 2010! Happy day to you - Tina.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x