Friday, 29 January 2010
Wednesday, 27 January 2010
Our Suburban Cottage - the chance to win a gorgeous silver illuminate necklace by Lisa Leonard. This is a gorgeous personalised necklace with a lovely crystal dropper.
Design Dazzle - the chance to win a $75 dollar gift certificate to spend on a really beautiful piece of jewellery by Lisa Leonard again. I absolutely love the two necklaces below and would be overjoyed if I won!
Good luck to all who enter!
Hope I win something though!! xx
Thursday, 14 January 2010
Thanks for the award Audrey x
So, now for the fun part! I have to list seven things people may not know about me (difficult as I'm pretty much an open book).
1. I have been cutting magazines up for over 20 years. I cut out pictures of gorgeous houses and then put them into boxes categorised by room type and on rainy days or when I feel a bit under the weather or when I need some inspiration I get the boxes out and purr for hours looking at houses I wish I lived in! My friends all laugh at me for doing this but they have ALL borrowed my boxes for inspiration.
2. I love films. I don't much care for this British obsession with 'reality' TV shows or people wanting to be instant celebrities so have never seen Big Brother or X-Factor. I'm not slating these programmes or the people who watch them - my sister doesn't even answer the phone when BB is on!! I just prefer to watch films - especially ones with gorgeous houses (or men!) (or both!!) in them. I also really love thrillers. Things with twists at the end that you never saw coming. Other than that I like comedy shows or real reality TV shows like Deadliest Catch - isn't Sig the coolest!
3. I love music. I'm an 80's rock chick in librarians clothing! I love the Foo Fighters and Linkin Park and can't stop playing the Twilight Soundtrack - the song by Mutemath is fantastic!
4. I can't stop making stuff. My creative juices are always flowing. It's a good job people buy my stuff of my cupboards would be bursting at the seams (even more than they are now).
5. I'm a worrier. If things are going well I worry that something bad is going to happen to spoil the moment!
6. I live on chocolate. I'm a terrible eater and rush around so much all day that I forget or don't have time to eat so end up getting a quick fix with chocolate. I'm also a really fussy eater and don't experiment at all. I don't want my kids to be like me so have brought them up to try everything (I'm such a hypocrite) and as a result they are really good eaters and like most things.
7. I can't walk in heels. I wish I could. I'd love to feel all grown up and elegant. I grew up by the sea and wore flip flops or espadrille boots (did you have those in the States?) in winter so never learned to walk in heels. I do have wedges but the last time I wore some I fell over - literally flying!! :( across a dance floor so have been on flats ever since. So I guess my no. 7 fact is that I'm a dork!!
Now I have to pass the award on to seven other fabulous people whose creative blogs inspire me. Step forward - you know who you are:
1. Lola B's
2. Funky Junk Interiors
3. Farmgirl Paints
4. Flowerpatch Farmgirl
5. Knock-off Wood
6. The Idea Room
7. The Lettered Cottage
As a recipient of this award you should:-
thank the person who nominated you and copy the Kreative Blogger Logo to your blog
link back to the person who nominated you for the award (moi!)
List seven things people may not know about you
nominate seven creative bloggers and post links to their blogs then stop by and comment on each of them
Well done to all the people above who really inspire me and make me glad I have joined blogland - pass it on!!
Thanks again to At Town Square - this was fun Audrey x
Wednesday, 6 January 2010
I just listed them on Etsy - check them out!
Tuesday, 5 January 2010
I do however, have a passion for green. I absolutely love sea glass.
At the bottom was the tiniest stony beach and it's amazing to think that the road was made for access to such a tiny place.
Sunday, 3 January 2010
......... I was so surprised to open my presents on Christmas Day and find this basket amongst them. How lucky am I? For once, my husband listened to me and I didn't have to ask for the receipt for any of my presents this year!!