Friday, 6 November 2009

My big screen debut

I found out today that I'm going to be an extra in a film. It's called Submarine and is being directed by Ben Stiller. Paddy Considine and Michael Sheen are the main actors and it's a comedy set in Wales. I've never done anything like this before and a friend from work noticed an article in a local paper a few weeks ago asking for anyone who wanted to be an extra to go along and have a photo taken. We went but forgot all about it until we both got 'the call' today! We are off 'on location' (just writing this is making me laugh) on Monday and no doubt I'll be right at the back of a crowd or even cut out altogether but we are both really excited to do something so out of the ordinary. We also get paid for doing it so I'm going to buy myself a silver bangle I've been lusting after as a souvenir of my big screen debut (and no doubt, finale!).

4 comments :

  1. how exciting. ben stiller is soooo funny, so when he's the director, it's got to be good. i'm off to read more of your posts. my grandmother's family (a few generations back) originally came from Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. cannot wait to hear of your movie experience.
    we don't know the town my ancestors came from in Wales, but my maternal grandmother's family were Howells and a visiting gentleman from Wales several years ago described our uncles cute ways so completely we were stunned -- he described it as typical Welsh behavior! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is so cool - I hope you get to snap a picture and share it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just to cool. I bet it will be so fun! Tell us about it when your done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x