Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Sally Field moment - you love me, you really love me!

I've been given an award today by Jana from twigdecor (click http://twigdecor.blogspot.com/ to see her blog).




I'm so pleased cos I never 'win' anything. I needed cheering up too as my camera is broken and I can't afford to have it repaired at the moment so can't put any new posts on. Also I've been feeling poorly this week with a yucky cough and cold. Check out her blog for some really cool Halloween ideas, good music and just some nice down to earth chit chat! Thank you Jana - I love your blog too.






The way this award works is that you have to:



1. Thank the person who gave me the award and link to her blog/website.Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.




2. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines.




3. Share 10 honest things about myself.






Ok - so first things first. My 7 favourite blogs. I spend so much time looking at other peoples gorgeous homes that I seem to have given up on cleaning and tidying and now live in a war zone/pig sty. Although I flit from blog to blog I do seem to spend more time 'nosing' at some in particular:




1. mysweetsavannah http://mysweetsavannah.blogspot.com/ - Melanies blog is one that I make sure I glance at every day. She is a very talented crafter and always has some gorgeous photos to share with us all



2. shanty2chic http://shanty2chic.blogspot.com/ - two sisters who can make something gorgeous out of nothing and give really easy and detailed instructions on how to do it yourself



3. abeachcottage http://abeachcottage.com/ - I love simple, stylish, unfussy, unpretentious and lived in homes and this blog is just gorgeous



4. designdazzle http://designdazzle.blogspot.com/ - lots of ideas - I have had some great Halloween inspiration from this website



5. spearmintbaby http://spearmintbaby.com/ - THE place to go to look for ideas for gorgeous kids rooms



6. alilwelshrarebit http://alilwelshrarebit.blogspot.com/ - Christy was the first person to comment on my blog and has been really helpful. Her blog is really interesting too with lots of pics of her gorgeous little baby girl plus she, like myself, is married to a Welshman.



7. twigdecor http://twigdecor.blogspot.com/ - right back at you Jana. It's not that I'm so well brought up that I have to give to receive! You have made some lovely comments on my blog and been very encouraging. Plus, yours is one of the blogs I check in on regularly so there you go - in a matter of days you've bagged yourself two awards!







Now for the ten honest things about me. Oh dear - how to lose friends and alienate people:




1. I'm scared of flying - the older I get the more anxious I get and I just can't see how those things can stay in the air. This is a problem for me as I really love seeing other places and I won't let my fear stop me getting on a plane but it means I usually have a headache and upset stomach for the first couple of days of my holiday. I'm never quite so bad on the flight back!!?? - not sure what that's all about!




2. I loathe slugs - they are disgusting and make me shiver cos they creep me out so much.




3. I sucked my thumb until I was 26 (see no. 1 - I'm obviously a very anxious person and my thumb made it all better!)




4. I collect sea glass. I can't go to a beach without looking for some. Every time my kids go to the beach without me they come home with some for me cos they know how much I love it. I love the various shades of green and plan on decorating my bathroom based on sea glass colours when I can afford it.




5. My son was born on the very day that my husband and I had been together for 12 years. We had stopped celebrating our first date anniversary after we got married then started all over again when Seth was born.




6. I have never been unfaithful to my husband and love him to bits but would make an exception if Sawyer from Lost knocked on my door - you never know, it could happen! He is SOOO gorgeous he makes my knees buckle just looking at him.

yum yum!


7. I love dancing. And the older I get the more I don't care how stupid I look on the dancefloor - I just love dancing.

8. I never go to bed before midnight.

9. I play with my hair all the time. I can't leave it alone.

10. I'm not nearly as nuts as I sound - I'm just very honest. I love my babies and my husband and am lucky enough to have a fab baby sister and brother who I am really close to x


I started this after midnight last night and struggled to think of things so am editing them as I go along and think of something new - hope that's not cheating and that I'm not confusing anyone!


9 comments :

  1. I love Sawyer too...can't wait for the next season to resume! Thanks so much for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first award! I just won mine too, also from Twig. Loving your blog- *folowed*!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha,
    Thank you so much. What an honor! I'm so glad you like my blog:)
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome. You won an award! I love some of those same blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Samantha- I found these cute blocks that reminded me of you at a coffee shop I go to. Give me a couple of days and I'll post the pic on my blog so you can see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Audrey, thanks for letting me know - I'll keep an eye out for them. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I posted the picture on my blog and they are to cute. Maybe it will inspire you to do some more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Audrey,
    the blocks look lovely. I have already made some with FAMILY on them but never thought to do the blocks in different colours. I think I'll give it a try over the weekend. Thanks for thinking of me x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate colds too. Make sure to drink lots of broth and go to sleep early. That helped my friend heal much faster. I'm a guy and I love to play with my hair too.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x