Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Halloween Party Preparations (Part 1)

I haven't blogged for a while as my computer is playing up and freezing a lot - think it needs a service so I'll add it to my mile long list of things to do. Also I've been really busy lately making things for Halloween and for Christmas as have some parties and shopping evenings coming up. I need another 10 hours a day and then I should have enought time to do all the stuff I want to . .. maybe!




The children and I have been busy making our invitations over the last few nights and they have now all been delivered. We downloaded a template from Martha Stewart and printed it off onto card. We wrote the invitation in white gel pen and then added brads for the joints. The children love them - even Seth and his friends who are all 11 and 12 think they are "awesome" so they're not too grown up yet! You can download the template here www.marthastewart.com/article/invitations-to-dread?lnc=0d1a8612fbcee010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD







We then made our party bags. We used brown craft block bottom bags and digital images from Jan Davis at Digital Antiques on Etsy - link here http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?. On her blog she kindly has free skeleton images with four different skeletons to download and we used these on the front of the bags. I also bought some images of skeleton on tags - when you buy these the images are sent to you by e-mail so you can use them virtually straight away. We hung one big tag on one side of the bag with black organza ribbon and a smaller one on the other side along with a pair of glow in the dark vampire teeth. In each bag we put a couple of gifts (small torch, eye ball, pumpkin, glowing necklaces etc), some really cute bubbles in the shape of pumpkins which were only £1.00 for a pack of 4 at Asda plus a few bags of sweets and chocolates.


I can't wait to give these out. I'd love to receive one!

3 comments :

  1. oh I want to come to ur party!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like so much fun
    If you would like please visit my blog www.littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com and enter my giveaway! We try to have a fun and AMAZING giveaway every Monday so I hope you choose to follow me so you wont miss out!
    Xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!! Looks like it will be a terrific party. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will read every one and will visit your blog too (be patient with me as I get carried away blog browsing. I appreciate every comment left x